Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Part 1 Leaked.

I've been working on a project the past few months. I needed to do something with all the GoBro footy that we stacked last seas, so I decided to make a movie. Since I had really no agenda or story, and I am using lots of mediocre footy, I asked around and figured the parts should be broken up and released one at a time.

I made lots of progress with Final Cut Express, which I've used for the past 3 years, and have been way overdue for a better program. I pretty much finished up all the viddys and uploaded the first part online. Then, as I expected, the quality of the shots sucked. I couldn't take it anymore so I looked into using Adobe Premiere Pro CC. 30 day free trial, re-edited the entire first part, quality much improved. When uploading my 5th tester video on Vimeo, I forgot to change the privacy settings and I took off for the weekend. 

I got home, seeing the video with about 2,000 hits and posted on a bunch of blogs. I was bummed, especially after seeing one of the clips with a message across the screen saying "Clip not analyzed" or some shit. But since then, I've kept the thing online and have replaced it about 5 more times and may continue to do so until I find the best quality I can. I don't think I'll ever be perfectly happy with the way these edits turn out online, but winter is coming so it's time to pump these babies out. 5 parts remain. For now, enjoy Part 1: Friends on a Pow Day.

1 comment: